Having gas-powered appliances in your home can be extremely convenient. Your stove will be on immediately, and you don’t have to wait for burners to heat up. Your heater is the same way, and you don’t have to wait for hours for the temperature to be comfortable. However, there are some risks inherent with using gas appliances. Natural gas is explosive, and a large quantity in an enclosed space can prove deadly if breathed or a spark is introduced. Natural gas has no odor, but a sulfuric, rotten egg smell has been added so that you are able to identify when a potential leak happens. If you smell natural gas in your home, it is important to turn off all appliances, open all windows, and leave the building. For your safety, call the gas utility company, or, for gas service repair in Enumclaw, WA – Treat’s Heating and Cooling. Turning off the gas first will ensure no more is being leaked into your home, and from there they can find the leak and repair it.