Lowering Your Heating Bill by Treat’s Heating & Cooling
Heating your home can often become costly in the colder months typically making up around 48% of your heating bill. No matter what kind of heating system you have in your home, you can save money and increase your comfort by properly maintaining and upgrading your equipment. Keep in mind that an energy-efficient furnace alone will not have as great of an impact on your energy bills if you have holes in your ductwork or any other improvements to make that will prevent warm air from getting outside.
- Set your programmable thermostat as low as possible in the winter and depending on the temperature outside, raise or lower it when you are sleeping or away from the home.
- Clean or replace your furnace filters every 3 months.
- Clean registers and make sure they are not blocked by furniture, carpet or drapes.
- Turn off exhaust fans within 20 minutes of being done using them.
- Keep drapes and shades on windows open during the day to allow sunlight to enter your home and closed at night to reduce the chill from the cold windows.
For long term savings, choose energy efficient products for replacement. There are energy fact sheets that Treat’s Heating & Cooling can give you for comparison. Treat’s Heating & Cooling offers free bids on equipment replacement. Call 360.825.0800 and ask for one of our comfort advisors for more information.
The Auburn, WA heating experts at Treat’s Heating & Cooling offer high quality installation, repair, maintenance, and other heating and air conditioning services throughout Western Washington including Enumclaw, Buckley, Bonney Lake, Sumner, Puyallup, Tacoma, Auburn, Black Diamond, Covington, Maple Valley, Federal Way, Kent, & Seattle WA.