Furnace Repair by Treat’s Heating & Cooling
Sometimes your furnace doesn’t have any symptoms giving you an inclination that something is wrong. Other times you will hear loud sounds or it won’t turn on at all. Treat’s Heating & Cooling would like to give you a few things to look for when your furnace blows cold air so you can troubleshoot your equipment before calling for a service appointment.
- Check the thermostat to make sure it is set to “Heat”. Sometimes buttons get pushed by mistake and you don’t realize it until you turn the furnace on again.
- Double check the room temperature with a thermometer or raise the temperature on the thermostat until you hear it click. If the room temperature is several degrees below the thermostat (allow a few degrees for thermostat inaccuracy) or the thermostat doesn’t click, continue troubleshooting.
- If you have a digital programmable thermostat, failure may be more obvious because the display is blank or flashing a code. Manual thermostats can also go bad. Turn the fan switch on the thermostat to the “ON” position to check for power to the furnace. If it doesn’t operate, suspect either the furnace isn’t getting power or the fan motor inside the furnace is malfunctioning. If the fan isn’t working, heat won’t come out of the registers, possibly making you think the furnace isn’t working even though it is.
- Flip the breaker off, wait a few minutes then flip it on again. Similar to a computer, sometimes simply resetting the power can solve our problem.
- Check the pilot light to make sure it is lit. A standing pilot light should be visible. If the pilot light is out, it must be lit.
Call Treat’s Heating & Cooling at 360.825.0800 to schedule a professional technician to come to your home and diagnose the problem. We have been in business for over 40 years!
The Black Diamond, WA furnace experts at Treat’s Heating & Cooling offer high quality installation, repair, maintenance, and other heating and air conditioning services throughout Western Washington including Enumclaw, Buckley, Bonney Lake, Sumner, Puyallup, Tacoma, Auburn, Black Diamond, Covington, Maple Valley, Federal Way, Kent, & Seattle WA.