“Geo” coming from the term earth and “Thermal” from the term heat. Geothermal systems have been used for many years. They work with nature, using a small amount of electricity to run. Geothermal Systems are commonly used in eco-friendly homes.
- Geothermal systems use only one unit of electricity to move up to five units of heating/cooling from the earth to a building.
- Geothermal systems run very quiet and are not noisy.
- Geothermal systems can be designed to handle multiple loads simultaneously.
- Most Geothermal systems use water in the loops or lines.
- Geothermal energy is called a ‘renewable energy source’ as the water is replenished by rainfall and heat is produced by the earth.
- Geothermal heating is a method of heating & cooling a building. It takes advantage of the warmth that is stored in the earth and because it is flame-less, these systems produce no health or safety concerns.
When you are selecting a geothermal system consider the efficiency, economics and the characteristics of the site you are installing it at. Treat’s Heating & Cooling can assess the space and equipment you will need. Call us at 360.825.0800 for a free estimate.