Save money heating your home by Treat’s Heating & Cooling
Fall is officially here and winter is right around the corner. If you haven’t had to yet, eventually the cold will set in and heating your home will be a priority. Everyone loves a warm home but along with heating comes the reality of the energy costs associated with it. Here are 5 ways to potentially help you save some money in heating costs.
- Use a programmable thermostat you can program it to come on and go off. When you depend on a person to regulate the thermostat, comfort and error will cause you to use more energy. A programmable thermostat will automatically adjust even when you are away from your home.
- Heat your home with zones. If you have a large home consider having different heating zones or areas of your home. This will cut down on how long your unit runs and allow you to heat the areas of your home that are occupied.
- Turn the heat down at night. The evening hours are the most expensive time to run your heat due to the temperature outside being colder.
- Insulate your windows and doors. In the winter time keeping your heat inside your home is the goal. If you check and replace the weather stripping it will keep the cold air from entering from below the door and through the cracks.
- Have your heating system serviced. The efficiency of your heating system is due to how well it operates. Have your heating system services by a professional.
Treat’s Heating & Cooling has been in business for over 40 years and we are here to serve your heating & cooling needs. Call 360.825.0800 for an appointment.
The Maple Valley, WA heating experts at Treat’s Heating & Cooling offer high quality installation, repair, maintenance, and other heating and air conditioning services throughout Western Washington including Enumclaw, Buckley, Bonney Lake, Sumner, Puyallup, Tacoma, Auburn, Black Diamond, Covington, Maple Valley, Federal Way, Kent, & Seattle WA.